In 2016, the net sales of Facility Services increased by 1.9 per cent to EUR 288.3 million (EUR 282.9 million). Operating profit totalled EUR 13.5 million (EUR 8.1 million).
The market for cleaning services remained challenging in 2016 due to the competitive situation and customers increasing the efficiency of their use of space. The recovery of the construction market was reflected in a slight increase in the demand for renovation services but, overall, the demand for facility services remained on a par with the previous year.
The Facility Services division’s short-term strategy is focused on the renewal of the operating model and the improvement of profitability. We will respond to our customers’ expectations of new service models by investing in service development and targeted acquisitions.
We combined property maintenance and personalised service.
The result was the Caretaker.
Fewer complaints, more happy customers.
Key actions and achievements in 2016
- The efficiency improvement measures implemented in late 2015 were reflected in higher profitability, particularly in renovation and the maintenance of technical systems.
- In the maintenance of technical systems, our focus was on the integration of the companies acquired in 2015 and ensuring profitability.
- In July 2016, Ms.Tutu Wegelius-Lehtonen took the helm as the Vice President for Facility Services, having transferred from the position of Group Supply Chain Director.
- In line with our strategy, we continued the renewal of our operating model by, among other things, restructuring the division’s support and development functions as well as operating methods.
- We successfully piloted our new enterprise resource planning system in autumn 2016. The deployment of the new system will begin in 2017.