Everyone has the right to go home healthy at the end of the day and ultimately retire in good health. At L&T, we want to provide a healthy and safe workplace for our personnel.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH CARE BEYOND STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS
In addition to statutory occupational health care, we provide our full-time employees with health care on the general practitioner level at the occupational health care centre, starting from the first day on the job.
L&T SICKNESS FUND COMPLEMENTS OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH CARE
The L&T sickness fund complements occupational health care by covering as additional benefits services that are not included in occupational health care.
The sickness fund benefits include:
• Compensation for medication prescribed by a physician when they are covered by the Sickness Insurance Act.
• Examinations on a physician’s referral, such as radiography and blood tests, 100% covered.
• Physical therapy and physiotherapeutic examinations on a physician’s referral, 80% covered.
• Massage therapy on a physician’s referral, 50% covered.
• Dental procedures performed by a dentist, special dental technician or a dentist-referred oral hygienist and their costs are 75% covered after one year of membership in the fund.
• Glasses and contact lenses, or alternatively, refractive eye surgery, is subject to compensation of EUR 300 after three years of membership in the fund. Compensation can be paid in three-year intervals.
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY CALLS FOR A CLEAN SHEET
We believe that all accidents can be avoided. All it takes is a proactive approach. For this reason, we have implemented the Clean Sheet occupational safety programme.
To get a Clean Sheet, we avoid occupational accidents by anticipating risks and eliminating hazards. We all play for the same team
Proactive occupational safety includes:
• induction training for work duties
• work planning, following work instructions, operating procedures and other guidelines
• assessing environmental, health and occupational safety perspectives
• workplace surveys conducted by occupational health services and occupational safety and health delegates
• other proactive measures such as hazard assessments, safety observations, short occupational safety sessions and observation rounds
SHARED PERSONNEL BENEFIT PROGRAMME
In December 2015, L&T launched a one-year trial period of a shared personnel benefit programme for the entire staff. The online portal features benefits and discounts from several companies.
PERSONNEL CLUBS SUPPORT WELL-BEING ON A DAILY BASIS
L&T has more than 30 active personnel clubs in Finland that support exercise and shared recreational activities. The activities of our clubs include group sports, support for independent exercise, cultural activities, and joint events.